Did you know 2014 was the hottest year on record . Did you know the first 4 months of 2015 has been hotter than even 2015.Did you know 9 out of 10 hottest years of all time have happened since 2000. Will I get impacted by Environmental Damage? Why Should I be bothered? Can one person make a difference? Yes you can.
Most parts of India faced severe heat wave conditions for the past month or so killing more than 2000 people. The earth is for sure warming thanks to the actions of mankind. We inherited this earth from our forefathers, we have no right to destroy it, we owe it to our Children.
Small initiatives from each of us could go a long way in ensuring the earth is a better place to live in.
- Let us aim to leave our private vehicles at home once a day and commute using public transport to workplaces
- Let us aim to replace all conventional lights in our house with LED lamps
- Let us aim to add Alternate Clean Energy like Solar Energy in our own homes
- Use Air-conditioners at optimum temperatures and may be aim to reduce the usage by half an hour every day
- Buy only energy rated products to ensure Energy Savings
- Those who have space should aim to plant at least one tree every year, give your children the joy of birds chirping around your house.
World Environment Day is observed every year on 5 June – a day designated by the UN to raise awareness of environmental issues. The theme of World Environment Day 2015 is ‘Seven Billion Dreams. One Planet. Consume with Care. Italy will serve as the host of the 2015 event, and the celebrations will be organised at the Milan Expo.
Let us make a beginning friends. How many are with Us?